Thursday, May 2, 2013

Double (Triple) Play: Theme Thursday


When I read that play was the theme for this week's Theme Thursday, I knew I had the perfect picture.  The girls playing that their dolls are playing chess.


So, I couldn't resist playing around with it to add some chess trash talk. Picture a bunch of old guys in Central Park talking the smackdown,,,,,or fine Victorian ladies like these.



Many of you who know us, know that Ben is an expert rated chess player...plays in tournaments,  wins prizes, all that jazz.  But, did you also know that I was the 2001 Kentucky State Woman's Chess Bronze Medal Winner.  I won 3rd place/bronze Medal in the KY Women's Chess Championship.  I won't tell you however that there were only 3 women entered and I lost every single game.  Third place out of three..that's me!

Now, go seem some more playing around at Clan-Donaldson.

post signature

10 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with all the chess playing greatness in your house! Don't hate me, but I don't even know how to play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chess! I would love to see all your different boards. I have 4 in my collection. I actually made a chess set in college!

    This is so interesting..squeal!

    congrats on your win! that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Love the doll trash talk. Cute pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Excellent, Amelia! And hey, third place is third place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute. Trash talk, too, LOL!

    And congrats on your win. It counts - you were there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is hysterical. And third place is still placing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.uschess.org/msa/XtblMain.php?200101148510.4-12813423

    This chess crosstable shows Amelia's greatest chess triumph as she crushes Nolly J. Gibbs into oblivion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even better than the picture setup and the captions is the fact that one of the dolls has made her opening move. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chess is so fun. Super impressed by your credentials!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha LOVE that the dolls are playing chess! Ours never do anything that interesting :P

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...