Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Cool Stuff

It's been awhile since I've linked up with Hallie for a Five Favorites post. so I have a lot of favorites stored up in my little brain just waiting to be spilled out onto the compute screen,

1.


Yes, a broom is one of my favorites. Seriously though...if you've never used a rubber broom, you are totally missing out.  This thing just picks up and grasps dirt *so well*.   It's super easy to use and you can use it to scrub, mop and sweep the floors.  It works really well on my hardwood, linoleum and tile floors.  I hate cleaning and sweeping, but this broom really does make it easier. I wouldn't go so far as to say it makes it fun, but it at least takes less effort to get more clean.

2.

The Barclay Rewards Credit Card


Gasp!  A credit card! Turn away all you Dave Ramsey fans.  I know a lot of people are really against credit card use, but I feel like if you use it responsibly (ie. don't spend more than you can pay for) it can be a good tool.  We always pay our balance off in full each month, so we never have to pay any interest or fees.   And, this particular credit card is so awesome because it gives you double rewards points on gas, food and utilities.  Which is basically 95% of the things we put on it each month.   And, even more awesome, you can use the reward points as a cash back statement credit, so you are getting some of your gas, groceries and utilities for free.  Just to give you an example, on an $88 gas purchase (big vans are expensive to fill!!!) we earned 178 points which translates to 1.78 statement credit.  So, the rewards do add up here. 

3.

Crazy Pictures Kids Take With Your Camera

It is so funny to see what they choose as subject. The following photos are courtesy of Greta.




These pictures are from the Usbourne Children's Atlas.  An awesome book the kids love to read!  Great pictures and lots of fun facts. 

This next set is from Six by Seuss, and I know I don't have to tell you how awesome Dr. Seuss is. 




I love how she artistically set up the book with the compass and the hard drive. 

Gasp!  Is what those turtles are doing appropriate for a children's book???!!!

And, since these are books...I'm waaaaaay stretching the rules here and linking up with Jessica so you can all see what we're reading...or at least what we are taking pictures of. 

4.

SPRING!!

Heidi took this!  Pretty darn good for a 12-year old with a point and shoot camera if I do say so myself. 

Because you can't appreciate the spring and the summer unless you've gone through the winter.  There is NOTHING like those first glorious warm days. I never really appreciated spring until we lived in Florida where it was always summer and never Christmas.  Warm sunshiney days are really only enjoyable once you've gone through the rain and wind and cold and snow. 

5. 

All the Good People of the World

I've seen so many instances lately of both real and virtual continuities rallying around to help those in need,   It just warms the cockles of my normally stone-cold heart.  If you've spent any time on  social media, you know exactly what I'm talking about. In the midst of unthinkable tragedy, the good people have rallied around to provide love, support and financial help to those in need. People really ARE good,                 
post signature

7 comments:

  1. Amelia, I'm with ya on #2. I always feel like I have to guard our dirty little credit card secret, but why is that? It's great! We have a Chase Amazon card that we use for our "clean card." All our daily purchases go on it and we pay off in full every month. It's really great because we get oodles of Amazon money back as our rewards and since we're prime members we get most of our Amazon purchases greatly discounted and with two day free shipping! I understand how credit cards can be dangerous, but if you use them correctly and pay them off every month it's totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A rubber broom?! I am so intrigued. I detest sweeping and yet I have to do it a hundred times a day.

    #5: I am so with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rubber broom really does work super well!

      Delete
  3. Lol! WWRW is a no rules link-up, Amelia! An atlas and Seuss books are totally legit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I just take it outside and rinse it off with a hose or faucet. :)

      Delete
  5. Might have to try that rubber broom!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! I love reading your comments!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...