I'm very, very fortunate, in that of my 35 years of existence on this planet, I've spent 26 of them living within 10 miles of the ocean.
Beginning with the rocky shores of Rhode Island
| Is it just me, or do those shoes look way too big on her...and I think they're definitely on the wrong feet? This was taken in 2006...Heidi was 4 and Greta was 1. |
| Why yes, my kids do go swimming in their Sunday Best dresses...doesn't everyone? 2008...Greta was 3 yo. |
| Is that a whale in the background...or just another rock? 2008...Heidi was 6 |
To the beautiful gulf coast of Naples, Fl
| This is one of my favorite photos ever...I love the shadows and light and just the whole thing. 2013..Heidi is 11, Greta is 8 and John is 5 |
I've spent plenty of time at the beach and in the ocean. I learned how to swim in the salty bay and grew up swimming among seaweed and seagulls. I love the ocean...the crashing of the waves, the smell of the salty air...even the annoying seagulls have their charm.
But, as much as I love the beach and ocean...I love the mountains too....so I just had to include this gorgeous waterfall photo from a trip to TN. Because, as much as I love the beach and the ocean...I also really love the mountains and hiking and beautiful waterfalls. Ben and I met on a mountain hike in KY (he was hiking barefoot) and I have fond memories of hiking through mountain streams and visiting waterfalls.
| Burgess Fall...taken 2007 (I think) |
Now, go see Cari for more watery photos.
I would love to live by the ocean...dern relatives plopped their butts in MN.
ReplyDeleteMy fav. is the pink Sunday dressed daughter. I bet she got soaked! good for you being a fun mom and letting them get their toes wet!
MN has Lake Superior which is much much better than an ocean! Love how much your kids love water
ReplyDeleteI wrote about the same thing! My kids are always going on with their clothes on. Just too hard to resist once you get the feeling in you.
ReplyDeleteLove that your kids love the water so much. Mine, too...they think nothing of walking straight into the glacier fed bay. :-)
ReplyDeleteI think you're a great mama to allow the clothes-on dipping. It speaks to freedom of childhood. Love the happiness of the ocean. It's a second home to me.
ReplyDeleteLove the shot of everyone wading together!
ReplyDeleteLove that last shot!
ReplyDeleteAnd the first one with Heidi's shoes is cracking me up!